Engine Yard Stack Release Notes for May 10th, 2017
Minor: Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack upgrade
Action: You apply the following changes the next time you click the Upgrade button for your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 environment.
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 Gentoo stacks, we refer to this stack as the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI: stable-v5-3.0.27
It's best practice to upgrade your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 (stable-v5) stack regularly for the latest security and product updates. This week's updates:
- Adds Elasticsearch 5.x support
- Adds the tinyproxy custom chef recipe
- Excludes nfs remote host directory /data or /db from the primary EBS filesystem health check. Also excludes nfs mount point directory /data/subdir or /db/subdir from this same health check.
- Fixes the grace period for the termination of bloated passenger workers
- Ensures that dj worker processes do not become orphans
- Fixes pg_extension extension builds from /db/postgresql/extensions.json when rebooting and environment from a previous snapshot with it present.
- Makes Chef Portage package provider respect declared timeouts in package resource declarations.
- Fixes quoting for installing Postgres extensions/modules that require LOAD instead of CREATE EXTENSION.
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 2016, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 docs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.