Engine Yard Kontainers makes embracing NoOps implementation easy by offering a built-in method to incorporate an AWS Elasticache Redis instance in your Cluster. AWS Elasticache is a fully managed in-memory data store with sub-millisecond response times. From the EYK Web Console, you can create a new Elasticache Redis instance and connect it to your application.
- Login to the EYK Web Console
- You will arrive on the Applications page:
- Click on the Resources drop-down at the top of the page
- Click on Redis
- Click the Add Redis button
- Cluster: Select the Cluster where you want the Elasticache Redis instance deployed
- Redis Name: Enter a Name for your Redis instance
- Create Redis: Click this button to create your Redis instance
- Cluster: Name of the Cluster where the instance is located
- Name: Name of the Redis instance that you assigned
- Cache URL: Endpoint URL for your Redis instance that you will incorporate into your application that includes an icon to copy the URL to your clipboard
- Actions: At the initial creation the View button will have a spinner to indicate that the Redis cluster is being initialized.
- View Button: After the initialization, the View button can be clicked to see details about the Redis cluster.
- Adding an AWS RDS Database to a Kontainers Application