As an introductory offer for new users of the Engine Yard Kontainers platform we are offering a 200 hour trial of a private Cluster with zero Platform Fee, plus $100 credit towards any OCU, traffic, storage or other charges. This offer is valid for the first 14 days after sign-up.
Please ensure to read the Small Print to avoid any unexpected or unwanted charges.
The Small Print:
- The $100 credit is sufficient to cover the cost of up to 6 OCUs for the full 200 hours, plus up to 600GB of application traffic, 800GB of S3 storage and 200GB of DB storage, or any combination thereof, based on the AWS usage rates.
- The 200 hours will begin to be consumed when the first Cluster for an account is created by the customer via the Kontainers dashboard.
- The 200 hours are continuous, as a cluster cannot be paused, so equates to an 8 day trial period for a single Cluster. If required, a Cluster can be terminated in order to prevent hours being consumed, but due to the time required for Cluster creation and deletion we do not recommend or support frequent Cluster recreation.
- The hours are consumed by a running cluster, regardless of if any applications are deployed to it.
- When the 200 hours are consumed, the Cluster will by-default continue to run, becoming chargeable at the standard Platform Fee rate of $800 per month (prorated to the hour), plus usage costs for OCU, traffic and storage.
- For users wishing to continue using the platform, no action is required, the Cluster can continue to be used as-is and charges for usage past the trial period for the remaining of the calendar month will be issued in the following calendar month, and then going forward issued monthly in arrears.
- For users wishing to discontinue use of the platform, the Cluster should be deleted. Deletion can be done via the Delete button located at the top of the Cluster information section on the Clusters page of the Kontainers dashboard. If required, Cluster deletion assistance can be requested from our Support Team. IMPORTANT: To avoid any charges, users must delete the Cluster before the 200 hour trial period is complete.
- The 200 hour trial period must be used within 14 days of signing up to the Engine Yard Kontainers product.
- Any portion of the unused $100 credit is void once the 200 hour trial period is complete.
- Only one trial Cluster and $100 credit shall be granted per Engine Yard account or customer, where customer is defined as the end-user individual and/or organization.