The intent of this document is to notify you of upcoming Engine Yard release updates. This will be a rolling list; once a release occurs, the release notes will be removed from this document and will then appear in the current month's release notes.
Release schedule and contents:
- Although we say we will release "Week of ...", we aim for a regular release cadence (Tuesdays, early p.m. Pacific time) for stack releases.
- If we believe we can greatly improve quality by delaying a release, we will make the internal decision to delay.
- If a feature does not pass QA, it might not appear in the next release.
- If an urgent issue arises, it might be added to the feature list for this planned release.
If you have comments or suggestions about the upcoming release process, please comment on this doc: How are we doing on release notes?
Minor: Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 stack upgrade
Expected release: Week of May 25th, 2015
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 GA stacks, we refer to this stack as the "Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11" stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI:
The following changes to the Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 (stable-v4) stack are currently in QA:
- Unicorn worker pool now has correct number of workers on first boot (running apply again solves this problem prior to this fix).
- Resolves issue with backups not working for new Frankfurt region.
- Adds support for the MySQL event scheduler when performing snapshots .
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 docs.
Tip: If you are interested in learning about upcoming releases, you should subscribe to this forum.
To subscribe to a forum
Click the subscribe link. A message: "You will receive mails with updates made here" appears at the top of the page.
For more information about subscribing to forums, click here.
If you have feedback or questions about this page, add a comment below. If you need help, submit a ticket with Engine Yard Support.