This document describes the system responses when you click "Apply" for your environment.
Apply configuration changes to your environment
The Apply button becomes available when you have something to apply, like an SSH key or an SSL certificate. When you click the Apply button in your environment, Engine Yard performs the following actions:
- Runs the Chef recipes for the Engine Yard stack. (Recipes are the scripts used by Chef to configure cloud environments.) When all Chef recipes complete successfully, the dashboard displays a green indicator. If there is a problem, the dashboard displays a red indicator.
- Runs the custom Chef recipes that you or a collaborator added to the environment.
- Checks for changes to SSH keys that have been made on the account and pushes them to the environment.
- Configures SSL certificates for the environment.
- Updates the database.yml file.
Important: If the ChefDeploy feature is enabled on your account, then a deploy occurs when Chef is run. If you do not want to re-deploy an application on the environment, then request that Engine Yard turn off this feature for you before clicking the Apply button.
If you have feedback or questions about this page, add a comment below. If you need help, submit a ticket with Engine Yard Support.