The updates described are either important (where you need to take action) or of interest (you might want to know about these changes but you don't need to do anything)
Hotfix: Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 stack upgrade
Action: We recommend you test this hotfix in your staging environment as soon as possible; then, when that is validated, click the Upgrade button for your production environment.
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 Gentoo stacks, we refer to this stack as the Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI:
It's best practice to upgrade your Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 (stable-v4) stack regularly for the latest security and product updates. This week's updates:
- Makes OpenSSL version 1.0.1p the default for system.
- Executables that use openssl may still use the v1.0.0 subset of functionality unless they are recompiled (this will be done for ruby and other packages in a future update)
- Nginx is already using v1.0.1 and its full features.
- This is being done in advance of OpenSSL 1.0.0 EOL December 2015.
- If you need another OpenSSL version, please open a support ticket before upgrading.
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 12.11 docs.
If you have feedback or questions about this page, add a comment below. If you need help, submit a ticket with Engine Yard Support.