Engine Yard Stack Release Notes for August 30th, 2018
Minor: Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack upgrade
Action: You apply the following changes the next time you click the Upgrade button for your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 environment.
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 Gentoo stacks, we refer to this stack as the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI: stable-v5-3.0.43
It's best practice to upgrade your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 (stable-v5) stack regularly for the latest security and product updates. This week's updates:
- Added support for Ruby 2.5 behind feature flag. Contact Support to enable it.
- Support for New Relic Infrastructure to use license key from New Relic add-on, and custom display name for hosts.
- Added orphan process monitoring to Sidekiq.
- Updated passenger config detach change.
- Hide the Passenger version in the X-Powered-By header.
- Added checks on the Passenger5 startup script to prevent it from repeatedly creating '/tmp/passenger-standalone.*' folders.
- Dynamic Passenger worker allocation based on number of distinct applications deployed.
- Added custom db-libs cookbook for use with external-db environments.
- Prevent db-ssl cookbook from waiting on offline/inaccessible hosts when copying keys.
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 2016, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 docs.