Action: You apply the following changes the next time you click the Upgrade button for your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 environment.
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 Gentoo stacks, we refer to this stack as the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI: stable-v5-3.0.58
It's best practice to upgrade your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 (stable-v5) stack regularly for the latest security and product updates. This update:
- Adds custom recipe "yarn" which allows installation of any "yarn" version available. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/390)
- Updates the 9999_reboot.start script to ensure v5 instances do a full Chef run, in response to missing /var/run/engineyard prevents Unicorn starting up if an instance is restarted multiple times consecutively. Also updates MySQL extras recipe to use password as former no password method fails on post restart run. Also updates PostgreSQL setup_app_users_dbs recipe to use localhost for the DB hostname on instances running DBs, as hostname from DNA does not yet resolve to updated private IP that soon after instance restart and thus access is blocked by AWS SG. On other instances it still resolves to host from DNA in order that it works with RDS still. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/400)
- Changes the handling of the certificates variable. Should make no difference for general usage, but prevents the need to overlay the haproxy recipe for the custom-haproxy-ssls custom recipe. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/399)
- Removes –no-ri –no-rdoc on gem install parameters to make is compatible with rubygems 3 (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/398)
- Custom recipe to allow the addition of missing 3rd party intermediate/chain certificates as custom CA certificates, thus avoiding certificate verification failures. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/397)
- Adds custom recipe to import certificates from Environment's dashboard configured Environmental Variables. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/396)
- bundler installed by rubygems is now removed. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/394)
- Fixes monit configuration file for memcached version > 1.4.39. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/393)
- Web servers' worker number is now dynamically generated for Gen4 EC2 Instances. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/392)
- Updates the hard-coded versions of media-libs/tiff, net-misc/curl, and app-admin/monit to the latest stable versions with the most recent security fixes. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/401)
- Update the AMIs to the latest EYGL 2016.06.023.final release, which updates several packages with security fixes.
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 2016, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 docs.