Action: You apply the following changes the next time you click the Upgrade button for your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 environment.
Note: For clarity, since we now have 2 Gentoo stacks, we refer to this stack as the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 stack. You can access it by using the Stack select field in the Environment UI: stable-v5-3.0.61
It's best practice to upgrade your Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 (stable-v5) stack regularly for the latest security and product updates. This update:
dev-libs/gnutlspackages to the latest versions. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/411)
dev-lang/phppackages to the latest available patch versions. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/410)
dev-db/postgresqlpackages to the latest available versions. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/409)
Enables the latest versions for the
dev-db/percona-serverpackages. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/408)
Adds support for Ruby with jemalloc enabled.
It is available for Ruby 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6. To enable jemalloc for Ruby, set the environment variable
true. (PR - https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cookbooks-stable-v5/pull/407/)
- New instances using this release will use the latest set of AMIs (2016.06.024.final) with the following notable updates:
* The latest package security updates are installed by default.
* The Linux kernel has been updated from 4.4.179 to 4.4.182.
- This fixes known bugs and vulnerabilities.
- The ENA driver has been updated to version 2.1.1.
- This kernel comes with mitigations for Intel MDS attacks.
- This kernel fixes SACK & MSS vulnerabilities.
For more information on Engine Yard Gentoo 2016, see the Engine Yard Gentoo 2016 docs.